MY FIRST ENCOUNTER (1)

It indeed the quickest platform of becoming much popular, and to make a friends some of which you will never meet face to face forever, but at least you know each other or you get acquainted to each other. My first knowledge to social media was an amazing one, yes! 'Facebook'' which was date back to 2009, and I believe I was among the early users of this side in Nigeria. I don't have computer then, or internet enable phone, because I remember my phone was the famous Nokia 3310 that is i only use to visit internet cafe to socialized on the internet, since I cannot afford a computer then. It was in Abuja I "sign up" my first e-mail account, at the cafe of the U.B.E. Headquarters Abuja,  which I still maintain,  maizankot@yahoo.com. I was so excited, Facebook was my second encounter with the social media, and I was happy to join the social community when almost more than half of Nigerians did not have the access and dont know its importance, until later years.I can still remember some of my early friends, mostly girls,  I believe girls socialize more than men,I  can still remember some of them. social media became more handy when Java phone where introduced, and then 2go was introduced also a an instant messenger application where unanimously people interact and some time goes beyond anonimy and make physical contact, it happened to me once. The development of internet in Nigeria made it more easier for various people to get into social accomplishment company and encounters.
Nigeria, social media became much acquainted, when the heat of the 2011 general election was at its peak and I believed many of us used the plain to campaign for our various candidate.
If social media is not important, Barack Obama will not make use of it, during his first presidential campaign in the U.S.


Comments

Popular Posts