THE HUMBLE MUMMY

Every picture can tell a million stories, but my picture is abstract, abstract in the sense that, the picture remain just portrayed in my heart, and that will remain scripted until eternity. When people remain strong and elevated in life, the question is the mother who nurse you through life has done much to make a great living being out of you.
My mother is my best friend and hero, she work hard for my survival and when I went through puberty she make sure I was not tempted or derailed from the path of the light and truth. Every one's mother is his hero, our story may differ, but I believe it will derived the same root and arrived at the same spot.
We were poorly brought up, with a sweat of a mother, who some time goes to bed with empty stomach just to make us safe and un-hungry, I can still remembered the several times she cried on her bed, because she was hungry, we ate the available supply, but having seeing us happy, she gleefully smile and pretend that everything was alright.
An incident which is still memorable to me, was when she was taken to optician  as she complained of having a beaming sight, the doctor told us she was suffering from mal-nurishment though we were small then, but necessity make us to became trade hawkers, just to earn a living.
My mother was a natural grinding machine, when she stayed late through the night, with mortar and pistil to make a hard money just to feed us.
Many people that grows up with there parents enjoys the hospitality of love compassion and extra cares, our mother gave us all this, and she was always ready to sacrifices her last of anything to make us happy. Between 1983 to 1985, that was between the military coup that brought Gen. Buhari to power and the other military coup that brought Gen. IBB, I was a one boy trader of all kind of household materials petty trading to survived the scourge of poverty. Trying to make a living with number of defendant and ailing mother, was a good experience of life and believe me a bitter one.
I was raised by my mother, not because my father was dead, no, because our relationship and the connection that make a family a united one was not there, we turned out to be not a favourites of our father, because of the broken family back then. It was a hell of experience when you truly want to get educated while you dont have a good sponsor, the person that was supposed to be there for you, was not there and the only person that took and shoulder the responsility was incapacitated.
My educational life was full of mistery ranging from lack of funds and the going to lectures with an empty stomach. All in trying to solve  the puzzle of life. But I manage to secured the secondary certificate which I saw then as a stepping stone to succeed in life. I tried to joined the ARMY of course through the famous NDA, Nigeria Defence Academy, my mother never revolted any of my intention, whenever I inform her, instead she always pray for my success, I took the Academy exam and was lucky to be among the 15 person from my state to go for interview, 47th regular course, the remaining story is my secret, its a destiny, I am not meant to be a soldier.
I am a soldier ofcourse , not a formal one, when later I enroll myself to a college for my NCE, and successfully made it, and secured a civil service job,  my mother is with me all this years, during my NCE she helped me because of rigorous patique she developed a HBP.
I got married and have my family too, with my younger ones some got married and others get in to university.
I thank God that today I can take care of my mother, even with a scarce resource but I fight hard to make her happy and I pray for her ailment everyday because her condition is deteriorating by days and we are doing our best to make her survive the situation.
Our mothers are precious, no matter how they are we must do whatever it takes to make them happy,  cherish, obey them, make them feel they gave birth to good people.
I love you mummy and I always pray for your health and may Allah heals you. Ameen.


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY



Comments

Popular Posts